Thursday 16 April 2009

Getting shirty.

Well, I've finally finished my shirt! This photo doesn't really do it justice, it looks much better on, but I can't really take a photo of myself. I'm a bit annoyed that the circles don't line up properly, but they are printed on the cloth that way, and it was just a test run on the pattern to see how it sews up. I'm very happy with this pattern, and will definitely be making it again.


Yesterday, I sorted out the breadmaker, and made my first loaf. As you can see from the photo, it wasn't long before we had to try it. I think Ade was happy with the result, but I'll have to find out from him tonight how his sandwiches were today.

The Easter weekend was fantastic - we went out on Friday during the day to buy some plants and compost for our garden, and then on Friday night we went out drinking in Manchester to celebrate my birthday. Even with a hangover on Saturday, the weather was so nice, we decided to plant out the seeds and plants. These are our tomatoes:


Mint and parsley:


Garlic, spring onions, carrots, radishes and lettuce:

Strawberries:

Fingers crossed they grow!
On Sunday, we went over to Phil and Angela's for a bit of an Easter party, and then, after a short pub crawl, ended up at the Oddies, Royton's Premiere nightspot! Was a great night, although we felt a little bit worse for wear on Monday.
I'm off to Magna tomorrow with Mum, Chris, Max and William, so that should be a fun day out. Hopefully the weather will be nice, although I'm going to take my waterproof anyway, as I've heard it can be quite wet there. Max even wanted me to bring my swimming costume, but I don't think I'll go that far...

No comments:

Post a Comment