Monday 27 April 2009

First fishing trip of the year.

On Sunday we went fishing to Five Bar Gate to celebrate Phil's birthday. He and Angela spent the night before in a nice hotel in Blackpool, and we surprised them on the beach. We also took a picnic, but it was rather chilly. Unfortunately we didn't catch anything, even with our fantastic new rods! It's only about an hour's drive away, so if the weather is nice one weekend and we're not doing anything, we'll probably head back over there.

After fishing, we headed in to Blackpool for a quite pint and a look around. Of course, I couldn't go to Blackpool without taking a photo of the tower:

It was a lot warmer on the pier, probably because we were out of the wind.

We went round the arcades too, and I won a couple of things of the two-penny falls:
Today, I finally got round to lining the purple bag I knitted several years ago:

I did two pockets inside:

I'm not sure about these buttons, but I'll leave them for a while and see if they grow on me. I've also got some other lighter ones, which I might use instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment