Tuesday 7 April 2009

Bad tooth, pots and goldfish.

I went to the dentist this morning and it turns out I've got an abcess on my tooth, which I'm going to have to have extracted. He did give me the option of having a root canal, but that would cost nearly £200, and then I'd need a crown in another couple of years, which would be another £200, so I think this is probably the easiest option. Plus I asked to have it done at the dental hospital with sedation, which means it'll be free! I'm really not looking forward to it, but it's not going to be for another 12 weeks or so, so I'm going to forget about it now and hope my tooth doesn't hurt too much in the meantime.

After that, I decided to go for a drive out to Cheshire and have a look round some garden centres for some pots for our new "Good Life" plans. These ones are nice, but quite expensive:



Slightly cheaper option:

Ade fancied growing some potatoes too, but I'm not sure how good this system is. Plus £20 is quite a lot, especially if it doesn't work!
They had goldfish there too. I'm still planning on getting out my old tank and getting some fish, although I think I'd quite like a mix and not just normal goldfish.


They probably thought I was mad at the garden centre, going round taking photos of things! In the end I went to four places, and each one was slightly different. I think I know what to get now, and where to get it, but I need to drag Ade along with me, so I'll suggest we go out on Friday for a bit of a birthday treat. Plus it means I can get him to buy me tea and cake!
Quiz tonight - hopefully Susan will win, but as long as we beat Lumbered, that's all that really matters...


1 comment:

  1. I love how much you have been up to Liz. Your writing has just the right balance of rationale and interest, and the photos give a great insight.

    Well that and it's great to know what a good mate is up to beyond the one liners facebook gives us. I must get round to meeting up one Friday afternoon with you.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete