Thursday 7 May 2009

A very busy week!

Well, this last week has been very busy! Mum came up on Friday, and we headed in to Stockport for a bit of shopping, before coming home and Ade cooking tea. We also had some carrot cake, and I remembered to take a photo of it this time:


Ade got me some flowers:


The lillies are out now, and smell lovely, and look pretty good too:


Saturday, we went to Tatton Park with Pea, and had a picnic. Sunday, we went over to Oldham and went out with Phil, then we went to Rebecca and Patrick's for a Barbecue, then round Royton for a bit of a pub crawl. On Monday, we went on a steam train, and then Angela cooked us a lovely roast dinner. I've put photos on Facebook, so I won't put them here as well. Here are the links for those not on Facebook:
Saturday
Sunday
Monday

On Tuesday, Mum and I went in to Manchester to do a bit of shopping, and to have a look to see if we could find out any more information about my Great-great-grandfather. He was married in the cathedral in 1836, and was stationed in the Barracks in Hulme at the time. Tuesday night, Mum came along to the pub quiz, and thanks to her help, we managed to win, and even got a fantastic score of 24/25 for the first half!

I've got Ade's cold now, so I haven't really doing very much since Mum left yesterday, but I did make these stars this afternoon:



I'll probably do some more beading tomorrow, something a bit more practical, but they were great fun to make.

Ade's home now, and he's starting to cook tea, so that's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment